Monday, January 21, 2013

Stepper Motor Full Step

Very quick post, but tonight I decided I would write a small test program to manage the stepper motor now that I can see which coils are on using LEDs. I was successful in getting the motor to turn which is good as it means the wiring is all correct and it must be my original program that does not work. I'll have a better look into this in the next few days.

This test program, as my first test has very large waiting periods between changing step so the motor does go quite slow. The other thing to note for the test program I'm using is that it is using full steps rather than half or smaller. This is simply because I'm testing and was my first go. I'll do a proper write up later about the circuit and setup but for the time being I have a video showing it moving, as I'm quite happy I've managed to get it working even though its a minor achievement.