Sunday, July 7, 2013

General update

Well, its been a month or so since my last post. Since my last post, I've had uni exams and now two thirds through my break and thought it was about time to post an update. I've been playing round with a couple of ARM development boards and trying to get some home brew PCBs eteched.



Last week I tried to do some etching but the toner transfer method just was not working for me. So I've ordered some photoresist and so once it turns up I'll have another go at etching. Once I've done that I'll write a post on the entire process.

I've also over the last couple of weeks coded up some tutorials for the STM32 ARM chips and I'll hopefully write those up this coming week. So far I've mostly written one for GPIO and then parcially written ones for Timers/PWM and ADCs. After these I'll do I2C, SPI and SDIO (SD Cards). I have also coded up a script that will automatically setup the debug and run configurations new projects in Eclipse which I will post soon.

I have also finally received my Olimex H103 Development board which I will port some of the examples too and then later use it to test wireless communications between the two development boards.

One last thing, is that I've started consolidating posts and separating them out so to have posts that focus on a specific topic rather than being very generalised. For example this is a general post and then I will make another post just on items related to the multicopter I want to make.